Dating/Relationship Violence is the intentional use of abusive tactics and/or physical force in order to obtain and maintain power and control. It’s not just physical; it’s emotional and psychological as well.
Signs that You Might be a Victim of Dating/Relationship Violence
Does Your Partner:
- Track your time
- Accuse you of cheating
- Discourage relationships with family and friends
- Criticize you for little things
- Anger easily when drinking or taking drugs
- Force you to have sex when you say no
- Make you feel worthless or powerless
- Intimidate or harass verbally or physically
- Become inappropriately jealous
If you answered yes to ANY of these questions you may be in an abusive relationship! If so, let us help you with support, information and protection by contacting the Advocacy and Support Services office at 336.758.5285.
Do not make excuses or take the abuse!
Safety Planning [PDF]