Sexual Assault is any form of unwanted sexual contact obtained without consent and/or obtained through the use of force, threat of force, intimidation or coercion.
What to Do If You Are Raped:
- Get to a safe place
- Call 911 to obtain police protection
- Seek medical help from Student Health Service (336.758.5218),
Baptist (336.713.9000), or Forsyth (336.718.2001) Hospitals.
- Prior to seeking medical help:
- Do not take a shower
- Do not change your clothes
- Do not use medications unless necessary
- If possible do not urinate
- Seek a friend you can trust to be with you
- If you or someone you know may have been a victim of sexual assault or any other type of sexual misconduct prohibited under this policy, you are strongly encouraged to seek immediate assistance. Assistance can be obtained 24 hours a day from: Campus Advocacy and Support Services 336.758.5285.
- Obtain counseling at the University Counseling Center 336.758.5273, for emergencies after hours contact Student Health 336.758.5218.